Pages

Thursday, December 31, 2015

2016 word of the year

2015 was a whirlwind of selling, packing, moving - repeatedly packing and moving. Hurry up and wait seemed to be what we did a lot. Now that we are moved and mostly settled I want to focus on a new word for 2016.

Slow

I want to do a lot of things slowly this year. I want to eat slowly and enjoy my food. Slow down and listen to my kids even when they seem to go on forever. Take our time going places, and enjoy the slow pace my younger two give me when we are out and about. Slow down and cuddle with my husband and kids. Slow down and think about what really needs to be done *right now* and what is just fluff that can wait. 

Sure, sometimes we will need to pick up the pace and get somewhere or get something done. But my focus in 2016 is to slow down and be more mindful. So my word for the year is slow. Do you have a word of the year or a focus you will bring for 2016?


No comments:

Post a Comment