Pages

Friday, January 15, 2016

Talking to the land

This morning I decided to take a walk around the property. It was not as cold, and much of the snow had melted so I thought it would be a good time to begin evaluating the lay of it, explore the plants, and figure out what it wants to be.

I talk to my yard. Is that weird?  Well, if it is I don't mind. I enjoy it and I think it does, too. It is so neat to walk around this land and see how it has changed in the few short months we have been here. It's much easier to see what needs to be pruned, cleaned up, and overall what is here. There are going to be so many awesome surprises in the spring, I am so excited. 


Right now my focus is on this patch of land. After our morning conversation, we have decided it wants to be a beautiful garden, full of delicious things to eat. I know I've got my work cut out for me, because it has been farmed for several years. But it promised to forgive my mistakes, and I promised to do my best. We are looking forward to getting to know each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment