Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Yarn

I have found a new love.  Though I am just beginning to teach myself to knit, I find myself drawn to it.  The beautiful colors, the texture of the wool in my hands, watching it turn into something useful stitch by stitch.  I love the rhythm of it, and how I can do it anywhere, anytime, and still be conscious to the outside world.  Be able to watch the girls play, have a conversation, humor them and their latest adventures. 

So far, I have taught myself to cast on, knit, purl, and cast off.  Pretty basic, I know.  But with this, I have created a fluffy, cozy scarf for myself, a wool ball for the baby, dish cloths, and I am currently working on a cozy for my iPad mini.  But soon, I will teach myself to knit in the round because what I really want to make is longies for Kaybug.  The upcycled sweater longies will do for now, until mama can make them herself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment