Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Things will *always* come up...

Just when you think you have everything under control...

Things were going fantastic with our homeschooling venture.  The girls were doing great, I was having a ball and really had things going well.

Then, I realized I have been really tired lately.  And gosh, it has been a while since I had my last... Mmmhmmm... three dollar store tests later (I have a problem) my suspicions were confirmed!  We would be expecting our third little one in approximately 7-8 months.

That sent my entire world into a flurry!  All of a sudden, I could barely get off the couch or move without being extremely nauseous or sick, and I was beyond tired.  Needless to say, not much got done for the next couple weeks.  (okay, okay, more like a month... possibly two...)

It took several months before I felt like "me" again, which really made homeschooling difficult.  I second guessed myself, felt guilty, thought about sending Juju bee to regular school.  Then, I realized that just isn't an option for us.  Not with everything she went through in kindergarten.  So, I made sure we got the basics done every day.  Math, reading, writing.  If nothing else, those got done.  Thankfully we had finished our handwriting early, but we still did copy work.  Juju excels at spelling, so we flew through that.  However, science and history along with the arts got thrown to the backseat.  I was in survival mode.

Now, it is the end of April and I am feeling good.  I'm 34 weeks along, so hopefully we will be able to complete everything before baby arrives (girl #3!).  We have completed our science curriculum (Outdoor secrets, review on that later), our spelling curriculum (All about spelling, level 1 - loved it) and are nearing the end of our math curriculum (Saxon 1).  History still has gotten pushed to the back burner, we are about halfway through and I plan on just letting her go through the ancient time periods leisurely through the summer by reading living books.

So, even with our little "setback", we have been doing pretty good!  It really made me realize just how much easier it is to get through the work at home versus at a regular school.  They are there for 6-8 hours a day, and do less than we do in our 2-3 hours a day.  I am still a little nervous about next year, being as our little one will only be 2-3 months old when we start back, but I think I have realized we will be okay. I am definitely going to be looking for more independent curriculums for Juju, just to keep my sanity for the next few months.

We will see where life takes us from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment